Patient Care Update
Our global and local communities have been through a life-changing period, and we are all hoping to return to some sense of normalcy soon. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a priority for our practice, as you have experienced during all your previous visits to our office. This commitment to ensuring a safe, yet comfortable environment has been paramount to top quality orthodontic care. However, out of an extraordinary abundance of caution, in addition to our normal disinfection and sterilization protocols, we are utilizing additional measures to help protect our patients and staff.
· When we call to schedule an appointment, we will review changes in our patient sign in process and clinical procedures. We will also be asking you about your health at the time of scheduling and again at the appointment. The same screening measures are performed on every member of our team to ensure your safety. The screening questions are repeated at each subsequent appointment. If you are not feeling well or have symptoms of COVID-19, please call to reschedule your appointment.
· There is also an COVID-19 Risk of Transmission Acknowledgement Form ( that you will need to submit before being seen in our office. Please complete the Acknowledgement Form at any time and email it to: info@BracesInOrleans.ca This only needs to be completed once.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and as such you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, as we will be running at a reduced scheduling capacity. Please be flexible when we call you to schedule your appointment and carefully consider it to avoid possible rescheduling. We will not accept walk-ins.
· Please brush and use washroom before arriving as we have closed off the toothbrushing station and washroom in the interim.
· Please text us on arrival: 800-334-9370 and wait until we are ready to see you
· Please bring your own mask as there continues to be a global shortage of medical grade masks. We are reserving medical grade masks for healthcare workers so that we can provide care to all of our patients.
· We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
· Our waiting room now has only two chairs due to physical distancing measures. There are no magazines or books available.
· We will be restricting the number of people coming to an appointment with the patient. Parents are encouraged to remain in their cars. If a parent needs to come into the office for specific procedures, we ask only one parent to accompany the patient and not to bring any siblings or friends.
· Only the patient is allowed in the clinic area.
We sincerely appreciate all your understanding. We look forward to seeing each and every one of our patients!
- Dr Tan and Team
For convenience the forms are here again:
for our COVID-19 Acknowledgement. Each patient needs to submit this once.
At Braces In Orleans of Ottawa, Dr. Sharleen Tan and our friendly, professional orthodontic team provide effective, personalized orthodontic treatment to patients of all ages. We emphasize getting to know each patient individually and developing treatment plans based on the person’s unique needs and goals.
A large part of this involves establishing free and open lines of communication between patients, their families, and Dr. Tan. We want you to have the information you need in order to make educated decisions about your orthodontic treatment.
By empowering you with knowledge that engages you in your own treatment process, you become part of the team. Together, we work hand in hand to optimize your oral health and create your beautiful smile.
Orthodontic treatments and braces options we offer include:
- Orthodontic Treatments & Braces for Kids, Teens & Adults
- Teeth Crowding, Underbites & Overbites
- Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Two Phase Orthodontic Treatment
- Damon Braces System & Damon Braces for Adults
- Lingual Braces - No elastics, Less Friction, Fewer Visits
- Self-Ligating Speed Braces
- Insignia™ Custom Braces for Adults
- On Time Appointments, CLICK HERE to Schedule Yours Today!
Located in Orleans Ontario, we serve patients from Ottawa, Casselman, Embrun, Rockland, and neighboring areas East of Ottawa. For more information on our customized orthodontic treatments and answers to your questions about orthodontics, please call our Orleans orthodontist office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tan at 613-482-9808.
At Braces In Orleans, we truly create beautiful smiles.